Halfway Reflection
Brittany
Traynor
ENT3003 –
Halfway Reflection
Due:
10/13/17
Tenaciousness is competency. For me personally, I function and
perform my best when I have a set routine or schedule that I can follow. This
course does require a sort of schedule as assignments are due each week, but I
have noticed that I can work best and most effectively if I plan when I am
going to do my assignments. Typically, since we have had 3 assignments due each
week for the last 4 weeks, I have done one assignment each day between Monday
and Wednesday, so that I am done and ready to submit my assignments well before
they are due. However, things obviously come up. For example, I had a Business
Law exam this past Monday, so I planned my week according to that. Overall, I
would say that working in accordance with a schedule is a behavior that has
helped me to be most productive and avoid procrastination.
Tenaciousness is also an attitude. I think that the biggest moment
where I felt like “giving up” was when we had to pick one opportunity to focus
on for the rest of the semester. I was second guessing myself a lot, and even changed
my entire product/service idea after submitting an assignment based on that
first idea. I then had to redo that assignment because of changing my idea, and
I still was not fully confident with it at first. I think that since then, I
have realized that with an open-mind and some creativity, I could find
confidence in my idea and not allow myself to keep second guessing it or
thinking I could have come up with something better. I would say that having
confidence in the choices you make will allow you to have better performance in
this class.
Three Tips.
1.
Stay ahead of the game. Assignments approach quickly and it can be easy to fall
behind.
2.
Watch lectures regularly. If you procrastinate watching lectures, they will
accumulate and before you know it, you will have hours of lectures to catch up
on. Having the weekly cupcake quizzes with questions pulled directly from
lecture helps make sure that you stay on top of lectures and at least watch
them in the week they were given.
3.
Look ahead at the next week’s assignments. If you do not monitor your upcoming assignments,
you may not realize that an assignment entails reading a book from the reading
list until you are already in the week that it is due. This may not be an issue
if you are a fast reader and do
not have a particularly busy week, but it could be a major issue if you are a
slow reader and have other obligations that week such as an exam for another
class.

Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteNice job on your halfway reflection! I can relate to how stressful it was picking an opportunity to focus on. It took me such a long time to even come up with one that I thought could work in the slightest, but all of our assignments have helped me develop it a lot more! I agree that a good tip for incoming students is to stay ahead and on schedule.
Hi Olivia!
ReplyDeleteGood jo on your post! I a glad that you are giving yourself time to do all the assignments. Nowadays specially in college we can get overwhelmed with school and extra curricular and it is hard to track everything down. I agree that you have to set your goals and never give up. It is smart to get ahead of things and to watch all the lectures ahead of time. Once again good job on your post!
Hey Brittany!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your halfway point post. I agreed with many of the things that you talked about. I also struggled with thinking of something to focus on for the rest of the semester. Each time I had an idea I was afraid to choose it because I didn’t know if I would eventually get bored of talking about it.. Great post!
Hey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job on your half way reflection post. I completely agree with you about having a set schedule as being the best way to keep up with a class. I think I operate best that way as well. That's why with this class it is important to set my own schedule for getting the assignments completed because they aren't a lot of deadlines. I also really like your tips. I think they could be really helpful to students currently in this class and students that wish to take it in the future.
Hey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI procrastinate frequently and I think its a good idea to make a schedule so you can stay ahead on your assignments. I thought about changing my opportunity once I realized we were going to have to follow through with the idea, but I decided to stick with the idea and expand on it. I agree staying ahead on work is a good idea and I need to start doing that as well. Great insight and Post!