Create a Customer Avatar
Brittany
Traynor
ENT3003
Create a Customer Avatar
Due:
10/27/17
My prototypical customer is a
freshman at a college campus. For the purposes of this assignment, my customer
avatar is a student at the University of Florida, but if my product were to
actually be created it would be a student at any college who implemented my
mobile student ID application on their campus.
I imagine my customer to be a college
freshman who lives on campus and is on the student meal plan, and therefore
uses their Gator1 ID on a very regular basis. This customer is around the age
of 18-19, and spends the majority of his/her time on campus. This customer
probably spends downtime doing things that most college students do, such as
watching Netflix and doing homework in the library. In addition, this customer
is probably trying to get involved on campus and attends campus events such as
sporting events and other events held by on-campus organizations.
I am no longer a freshman here at
UF, but I am still a college student so I would say that I have a lot in common
with this customer. In addition, I was obviously once a freshman here at UF so
I would say that I know a lot about the types of things that they do. I use my student
ID on a day-to-day basis, so I do have that in common with my customer. When I was
a freshman, I was on the campus meal plan and I therefore used my Gator1 ID
just about every day for that. I now still use my ID every day, just for
different reasons. Even today, I would say that I engage in a lot of the same
activities and experiences that freshman do. I still go to football games and
other sporting events, and I also still watch Netflix and do homework in the
library.
I do not think that it is a coincidence that I have a lot in common with my prototypical customer because I was once in their shoes, and I am still not that distant from them age-wise, so I share a lot in common with them. I would say that I probably have a lot of the same interests as them. I obviously still go to UF and I still use my Gator1 ID on a day-to-day basis in my life so I can relate to a lot of the same needs as them.


Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteGreat job with creating your ideal customer avatar I really enjoyed reading this post! It is important to identify exactly who you are targeting when creating a product specially to people in college, in order to be able to see what they want and what they need. I think it is also a good thing that you have things in common with the customer that you are identifying and targeting, because you will have a better understanding of their. Once again good job!
Hey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteGreat job with describing your ideal customer. Although Freshman will be your prototypical customers because they use their gator one's the most (through bus routes and meal plans), I believe all grades could benefit from this service, so market to all of them! I would've liked to see the custom avatar as well. But good job on this post!
Hey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a really great job on your avatar assignment. I like how you identified that your ideal consumer would be freshman at the University of Florida. I think you did a really great job going into detail about your ideal consumers. I would completely agree that your ideal customer would be a freshman who uses their Gator 1 frequently. However, I do agree with what Justin said because all students do use their Gator 1 in some way or another. Great job!
Hey Brittany! Great job with your avatar assignment. Freshmen would definitely use this product the most, however I think all students could really benefit from your product. You did a great job giving detail about your potential customer. While these pictures definitely represent your potential customer, seeing a custom avatar would've been fun to see! Great job again!
ReplyDeleteHey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you have your customer targeted down very well and that is important. I believe college students would find this product very useful as would I. It definitely would be a good idea to expand this to other colleges to if you did actually create this like you said. I would try and focus now on how you would find a way to spread the word of this technology if you were to go through with the idea. Anyways, Great Post!