Idea Napkin No. 2
Brittany
Traynor
ENT3003
Idea Napkin No. 2
Due:
10/27/17
1. I am a
third-year Finance major here at UF. I am passionate about creating a product
that is innovative and in tune with technological advancements that we are
seeing throughout our society. I would say that I am personally good at communication
and being clear about my ideas and intentions. I am also usually pretty good at
identifying a problem in a situation and then having the ability to evaluate
the situation with an objective standpoint to try to fix the problem. I have
had an internship, as well as small jobs, and a leadership position on campus
that have all helped me develop professionally.
2. I am
offering the convenience to never have to worry about carrying a wallet or student
ID to my customers. I am offering a mobile version of their ID that they can
have easily accessible on their mobile phones so that they have their ID with
them at virtually all times. This is also giving them the chance to adapt to
technological innovation.
3. I am
offering this product to all college students. Most specifically, I think the
individuals who will get the most use and benefit from this product is
freshman, as they are the individuals who seem to use their student ID’s most
frequently on college campuses. All of these individuals have the need and use
for a student ID in common. Many of them use campus buses as a regular form of
transportation, eat the majority of their meals in campus dining halls, attend
football games and other sporting events with their ID’s, and much more. Many
of them are between the ages of 18-22 and use a mobile cell phone on an
extremely frequent basis. Due to this, having virtually anything on a mobile
device is more appealing to them than having the item in a physical form. For
this reason, my product should appeal to them.
4. My
customers care about this product because it provides them convenience and
allows their phones to have even one more use for them on a day-to-day basis.
5. I think
that my most important core competency is the fact that I can greatly relate to
my target customers. I am a college student currently, and I was a college
freshman in the very recent past. I understand their needs and wants, and I
know how influential and prominent their phones are to their lives. I know that
making almost anything mobile appeals to this age group. In addition, I have
easy access to college students since I am currently a college student. This
has allowed me to gain insight as far as what other students may think of this
product. I am better able to understand the potential success of my product, as
well as potential problems with it, simply because I have so much exposure to
my target market.
I think
that all of these factors tie together in a nice way. My strengths as an
individual, combined with my access to and understanding of my target market,
allow me to tailor my product to meet the needs and desires of my potential
customers. I think that there are some unarguable benefits to having a physical
form of identification, and that is why I have decided not to eliminate the
physical form, but rather to make the mobile form a simple addition.
I received
good feedback from other students on my first idea napkin. Since the people who
commented are people in this class and therefore other college students, their
opinions mean a lot to me because they meet the criteria of my target customers.
Several of them pointed out that I have a benefit in my idea just because I can
easily relate to the customer I am targeting. I made sure to emphasize that
point in my second idea napkin since that was clearly an important aspect to
the people who provided me with feedback. One individual said that I was very
enthusiastic about my product, and specifically about the potential convenience
that it can provide to college students. I think that my product will sell more
for convenience than burning need, so I tried to emphasize that point again in
my second idea napkin. Overall, the feedback I received helped me to see the
most important competencies of both myself and my product.
Hey Brittany!
ReplyDeleteGood job on this post, I really enjoyed reading your second idea napkin. While reading this I think that the components of your idea napkin fit together in a great way because your desires and strengths allow you to create a product that can help others. I also think that the feedback that I got from the last Idea Napkin really helped and it made realize some things that I can change that will help the customer and the product as well. Once again good job!
Hey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI think you did an extraordinary job on your idea napkin post. I really enjoyed reading about the product that you have to offer. I think you did a great job going into immense detail about who you are and who your consumers are. I think the core competency that you identified is extremely important. Being relatable is great competency to have, and it is a reason why consumers will buy your product. Great job!
Hey Brittany! Great job on your 2nd idea napkin post. You really went in depth and made so many good points. You being a finance manager shows that you are a hard worker and very intelligent in itself! Your easy access to your target market will also help your business tremendously. Great job!!
ReplyDeleteHey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI like how you expressed your self-confidence and that you should always be positive and enthusiastic as an entrepreneur. Its also great that you are able to identify problems and approach them with a different kind of view to solve it. I agree with you that having college students replying to your idea that involves college students is extremely beneficial. This helps you figure out what your doing right and what ideas you can expand on. Great Post!