Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

Brittany Traynor
ENT3003 Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2
Due: 10/13/17

            Segment: Freshmen at the University of Florida who live on campus and are on an on-campus meal plan. I chose this segment as these are the students who I predict use their student ID’s most frequently on a day-to-day basis.

Asking about alternative evaluation- Students who currently have the need for a mobile student ID mostly seem to have this need for convenience. Based on the three students who I interviewed, the currently find other strange ways of ensuring that they always have their student ID on them, but this is not fool proof and some of these methods seem just inconvenient. One of the students who I talked to said that she currently pops off her phone case and places her Debit card and Gator1 ID in the back of her phone case. Although this may be better than having to move ID’s between wallets and purses, this just seems annoying in my opinion. It would not be convenient having to pop off the phone case just to access an ID every time you get on or off a bus, or go into the dining hall, etc. The other students I talked to currently just often check before they leave their dorm to make sure that they have their ID with them, and they agreed that having my application with a mobile ID on their cell phone would make daily life much easier for them and save them time and effort ensuring that they have their ID with them at almost all times. For them, convenience seems to matter the most.

How/where do they buy- My product specifically would be purchased by Universities, and students would have to download the application at orientation. The students who I talked to seemed to agree that the transaction and implementation of this idea would be rather simple, and the slight additional cost built into their tuition would not bother them as the cost of the app would be very inexpensive. They would be able to download this app to their phones and be done with the transaction within minutes which was very appealing to the students who I interviewed.

 Post-purchase evaluation- After talking to the students who I interviewed, I gathered that this idea would be worth the cost in many student’s opinions, as making almost anything mobile is appealing to students in the 21st century. I had decided that students would still have a hard copy of their Gator1 ID if my idea were to be put into practice, but all of the individuals who I spoke to agreed that they most likely would rarely use the hard copy of the ID even if they had it. This shows me that they would be satisfied with my product and would find the convenience of it appealing and beneficial for their day-to-day lives.


            After conducting my interviews, I determined that the segment of students who I interviewed are the students who I would probably be targeting the most in my product implementation. They are the students who typically use their ID’s the most often, and therefore they would reap the most benefit from my product. They currently have other methods of meeting their need, but these methods are not as convenient and leave more room for human error (such as simply forgetting), so they would find much convenience from my product. 

Comments

  1. Hey Brittany,

    You've done a great job evaluating alternatives and identifying a segment for your business idea. I think selling the app to universities is a great idea. As it can save money in trying to market it to students all over the country. I recently tried to rent out a book for this class but she then asked for my ID and I didn't have it. I had to drive all the way home and then go back. I immediately thought of your service when this occurred, and how much that would've helped me. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany!
    Great job on your Figuring Out Buyer Behavior post. I think your segment is perfect for your product. While all college students could really utilize your product, college freshmen with meal plans are the ones that would use your product the most. An application is so easy to get for college students and it would be very beneficial. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittany!
    Good job on your post! It seems that these interviews helped you figure out what your outcome will be. For me these interviews helped me realize that what I think is right it may not be beneficial for the customer. I think this app will help a lot of students in the University of Florida and other universities as well. Once again good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brittany,

    I think you did a fantastic job on your posting for this week's assignment. I think you did a really great job evaluating the alternative solutions to your product. I think the conclusions you drew from your interviews were accurate. The main controversy in regards to your product would probably be price. As long as the universities are purchasing the product though there should be no issues. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brittany,

    Again, I really like this idea and out of all the ideas I have read about I would be using this the most. I always leave my ID or wallet behind when I go out and usually end up needing it for some reason, especially because most of the money I use for food is on it. I think its smart to want to expand this to other Universities and implement through orientation. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog