ENT3003 Idea Napkin No. 1
Brittany
Traynor
ENT3003
Idea Napkin No. 1
Due:
10/06/17
1. My name
is Brittany Traynor, and I am a third-year Finance major here at the University
of Florida. Through being in the business school here at UF, I have developed
professionally, as well as built leadership, work-ethic, communication and
various other skills through my experiences. These experiences include my role
as a First Year Florida Peer Leader as well as my internship for an Insurance
Firm this past summer. I aspire to be
innovative and help improve aspects of college campuses because that is
something I can best understand and relate to at this time in my life. I feel
that being able to relate to the market targeted by the product is essential as
it allows one to truly understand the need of the market, which is important in
trying to come up with a solution to that unmet need.
2. I am
solving student’s unmet needs by providing them with a mobile version of their
student ID card so that they never have to worry about misplacing/forgetting/finding
their student ID when they need it. Rather than getting all the way to the
dining hall and realizing you have to turn back for your ID that you forgot,
students will be able to pull out their phone and access their ID instantly.
3. I am offering
this product to students at college campuses. This product would most
specifically benefit students who use their student ID’s the most frequently.
Through interviewing several current UF students, I concluded that students who
live or eat on campus are the students who use their ID’s the most, as they are
entering the dining hall facilities on a daily basis. However, even students
who are older and live off campus often use the RTS bus system as a mode of
transportation, and the need to show a student ID with each ride so this would
help them as well.
4. Students
would find this product to be of value to them because it would provide
convenience to their daily lives. They would virtually never have to worry
about being somewhere without access to their student ID because as long as
they have their phone on them, they have their ID readily accessible. Rather
than thinking about what purse or wallet their ID is in, or spending time
digging through a backpack to find an ID while trying to board a bus, students
would have instant mobile access to their ID’s which would benefit them daily.
5. What
sets my product apart is the fact that it is mobile. In today’s society, many
products are being altered or made electronic in order to keep up with
technological innovation. My product is a reflection of that shift toward
electronic items, and that makes it important. Currently, there is no way to
ensure that students have constant, instant, easy access to their student
ID’s. My product combats this issue.
I think
these concepts all fit together nicely and demonstrate potential for a
successful product. However, my argument for the convenience of this product
relies on students actually having their phones on them at virtually all times.
If I argue that students would have access to their ID everywhere, this would
rely on them having their phones charged with them everywhere. However, I think
that it is much more likely that students will misplace, forget, or lose an ID
card than their phone. It is pretty safe to say that having mobile access to
their ID’s will at least greatly reduce the number of instances where students
need their ID and don’t have it on them, and it will certainty provide
convenience. Due to this, I think the product idea is a good one. In addition,
I think that my business experience and studies, as well as my innovative
mindset, all allow me to have the right tools needed to make this product
successfully.
Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you've got a really good grasp of the strengths and potential weaknesses of your idea for mobile student IDs. Like I've said before about your idea, I personally think it's good because of how much I can relate to it and that I would personally use it, so I think it's safe to say other students would too.
Hi Brittany! You being a college student definitely makes your potential company that much stronger. You know the ins and outs of being in college and the struggles we face day-to-day. This will give your company an edge and will be much more accepted by other students. Students will absolutely love this idea and I can't imagine any student who wouldn't have it downloaded on their phone!
ReplyDeleteHey Brittany!
ReplyDeleteGood job in your post! I think you did a great job and I really liked your idea it definitively grabbed my attention. I feel like this is a very important concept and it will definitively grab attention to many other people and it will definitely help them. This has very much potential, once aging very good job!,
Costanza Tremante
Hey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI like that you went into detail about the reasons you feel people should have this technology. You are very enthusiastic about how convenient it is and that is great. You should follow through with this idea and think of ways to make it appealing to all consumers. I think I would use this technology a lot more than I would think. Great Job on your post!