What's Your Secret Sauce?




Brittany Traynor 
ENT3003 What's Your Secret Sauce 
Due: 10/20/17 

For this assignment, I interviewed 5 people who are closest to me. Their names are Lauren, Briana, Diane, Ryan, and Brooks. The audio recordings of my interviews with them are attached above. I gathered information from them and was able to compare that insight to my own personal views about my strengths regarding knowledge, skills, abilities, and emotions. 

I personally believe that I stand out from other individuals in that I have strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills. In addition, I have taken a strengths quest quiz and learned that one of my strengths is empathy. I would say that I am good at seeing both sides of many situations, but I often struggle with that objectiveness if I am emotionally invested in the situation. Lastly, I feel that I am good at being thorough in that I will finish things that I start and give 100% effort. I typically like to tackle one project at a time, focusing on that project with all of my attention rather than doing many things at once but with less attention dedicated to each thing. 

I noticed that Lauren, Briana, and Diane all said that I am a good person for them to talk to when they need advice or the honest truth about certain situations. I never realized that I was someone who others consulted in and looked up to for honesty and clarity. I am happy to learn that they feel that was as that shows me that I have a good aspect of a friend and sister. In addition, Brooks mentioned that I am usually knowledgable about current events in the news, and he specifically mentioned politics. I never thought of that as a specific piece of knowledge, but I am usually very interested and passionate about politics and certain events in the news so I tend to follow them heavily and sometimes talk about them with friends. I guess this could be seen as a positive thing in that I am aware of things that are going on around me. Multiple of the people I interviewed, including Ryan and Briana, mentioned my role as a Peer Leader for First Year Florida on campus. They said that my position and passion for it demonstrate my leadership skills. 




Comments

  1. Hey Brittany!
    This is awesome! This assignment was so cool because we got to hear what our closest friends/family really think about us. It's cool that most of the time what we think of ourselves is not what stands out most to others. Great job on your post! Hope you found this assignment as rewarding as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany,

    Great secret sauce post! I think its cool that the people you interviewed were able to point out qualities you have like being empathetic, being aware, and being a leader and how those qualities relate to things you do such as being a Peer Leader for First Year Florida. This assignment was super cool to do and I think we all enjoyed doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brittany!
    Good job on your secret sauce post! It really does seem that the people that you interviewed know you very well. Im glad that youre a person that can understand themselves and know what your passion is. I’m glad your friends also get that from you and I listening to your friends or people that you are close with and hear what they have to say about you was definitively nice hearing that from the other end. Once again good job on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brittany,

    Great job on your secret sauce post! I liked the fact you posted videos of your interviews other than just typing them up. You seem to have great qualities that will set you up for a future in business. Your friends and family seem to agree with the fact you have great communication skills and are very knowledgeable in many different fields. It's awesome that you are a peer leader as well, and get to pass on your skills to others. Great job again!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2