Final Reflection

Brittany Traynor
ENT3003 Final Reflection
Due: 12/06/17


            I think that my most formative experience in this class was the first Venture Concept assignment. This assignment is really where all of the components of the class and everything we learned came together. It was the first time that I felt like my product could actually be created relatively realistically, and would probably be rather successful, which made me feel good. I have never thought of myself as a potential entrepreneur until this assignment really, so I will probably remember that experience for a long time.
            My most joyous experience was deciding what opportunity to capitalize on, and more specifically what product to create. This was an exciting moment for me as I had really struggled with deciding what idea to pursue for the remainder of this class. I even went as far as to submit an assignment for a totally different idea, just to change my mind and delete and resubmit that assignment with a new idea. It felt rewarding to feel the confidence and excitement for my idea.
            I am most proud at accomplishing my elevator pitches. I am not very good at speaking into a camera that I know will be viewed by other people, so I think I honestly did not do a great job with my first pitch. However, I considered the feedback that I received and I made my next two pitches better, and I am proud of myself for making that improvement.
            I think that at this point in the semester, I definitely have more of an entrepreneurial mindset than I did before. Before this class, I did not really see myself as an entrepreneur, and I was really close to taking up a minor in retail instead of entrepreneurship. However, after speaking to a few friends about it, I decided to give this minor a try. After only taking this one class, I think that I will stick with this minor and hope that I can benefit from it in my life, even if I do not become an entrepreneur. With that said, I now realize that with the right mindset, it is really possible for anyone to become an entrepreneur, and that is an exciting thing to think about.
            I would recommend that students taking this course in the future keep an open mind toward entrepreneurship, and don’t get bogged down with the sometimes scary and intimidating connotation associated with that word. I would also advise that they put a lot of time and thought into the product idea that they chose to pursue throughout the majority of this class, as the experience probably would have been a lot less enjoyable for me had I stuck with my original idea that I was not fully confident about. Picking something that you have genuine interest in and that you see having real potential makes you excited to complete the assignments and plan out the potential possible business.


           

Comments

  1. Hey Brittany,

    I think you did an excellent job on this final assignment. It is awesome that the class is finally over and I agree that the venture concept is one of the most important assignments that we had during the course of this semester. I would say that was my most joyous experience. Also, I completely agree about the elevator pitches. I also do not like to speak in front of the camera or in person. Great job! Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany! I love how you are most proud of your elevator pitches. Honestly, the idea of video taping myself and talking scares me.. It's funny that other people think the same way. I would've never thought it in your elevator pitches that you did not like doing that stuff. You did a great job and looked very natural and confident. Great job this semester! Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brittany,

    Awesome job on your final reflection post!! I love that you thought your elevator pitches were most challenging, because I could really see your growth in each of the videos you posted. I also really enjoyed writing my venture concept. It gave me an opportunity to be creative, and try and work on turning an idea into reality. You did a great job this semester, and should be really proud. Good luck in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brittany!
    Good job on your Final Reflection post! I really enjoyed reading this post and seeing how you've been evolving throughout the semester and how this class has helped you develop who you are today. I also experienced failure here and there and that is just a stepping stone to help you grow as as a person. I am really glad I was able to read your process and once again really good job!
    Sincerely,
    Costanza Tremante

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2